Requirements for Admission
Atlantic University College faithfully believes that every individual has the right to obtain an education and develop their personal and professional skills.
In accordance with this stipulation, the Institution has designated and established criteria determining the ability of a student to potentially benefit from the opportunity to study in any of our programs. Based on the student’s previous educational experience, the documents that are present, and personal information available, the Institution determines the eligibility of the candidates; But reserves the right to admit, condition or as a special case, or reject any candidate.
Atlantic University College also complies with the rules of non-discrimination and equal treatment of all its applicants and students.
- Joel Montero, Director of Admissions
- Margarita Figueroa, Admissions Officer
- Magdalena Franco, Admissions Officer
Quarterly System Studies:
Associate and Bachelor Degrees
All students requesting admission to the Institution must submit or comply with the following requirements:
Complete Admissions Forms.
Pay the Admission Fee ($30.00).
Official High School Transcript or its equivalent.
Certificate of Immunization as required by the State, if younger than 21 years old.
Students who have not continued their studies because of their own initiative or due to an administrative decision in one or more academic programs, may apply for readmission to the institution. Candidates for readmission should complete the required forms and pay the appropriate fees. Students who have been discharged involuntarily for academic or administrative purposes must comply with the terms of suspension indicated before being considered for readmission. Students who have been permanently suspended from the institution will not be considered for reinstatement.
Students who have studied at an accredited university or college can apply as Transfer Students. Transfer credits will be considered on the basis of academic work, with no accepted grade lower than “C”, provided that the course content and duration is similar to that of Atlantic University College, and appears as such in the Institution’s Catalog. The transfer student must comply with the following requirements:
- All established admission requirements.
- Official transcript of all previous academic work, sent directly from the institution of origin to the Admissions Office of AUC.
- A copy of the Catalog of the previously attended institution, which must be accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS),by the Puerto Rico Secretary of Education, or have a license authorized by the Puerto Rico Council on Higher Education. Credits awarded by institutions that offer similar programs may also be validated.
After evaluating all admission requirements, the applicant will be notified if they have been admitted and may enroll, but may not participate in any classes until they have completed the entire registration process. Orientation and registration dates shall be notified and published in the academic calendar and bulletin boards of the institution.
- Counselor are available to evaluate prospective students -before and during the registration period to guide them in the in the selection of the program courses, class schedules, requirements, prerequisites, and AUCs Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.