Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and its Implementing Regulations Contained in 34 CFR Part 106 (Title IX), is a comprehensive federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded educational program or activity. The principal objective of Title IX is to avoid the use of federal money to support sex discrimination in education programs and to provide individual citizens effective protection against those practices.
It is the firm policy of Atlantic University College to enforce the prohibition of any discrimination in our educational facilities and employment practices, based on race, color, gender, place of birth, age, social status, ancestry, marital status, ideas, religious or political beliefs, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, veteran of the Armed Forces, or physical disability.
In addition to Title IX, following is a list of antidiscrimination laws that AUC strictly adheres to and strongly enforces:
- ADA Law and Rehabilitation Act Section 504 prohibit the discrimination of persons with disabilities who have a physical or mental disability
- Title IV Civil Rights Law protects individuals against discrimination in employment and education due to race, color, national origin, sex and religion.
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975 prohibits discrimination on the basis of age in programs or activities receiving Federal financial assistance. The Act applies to persons of all ages.
To guarantee the fulfillment of these dispositions under Title IX Law, Atlantic University College designated a Title IX Coordinator as the principal resource responsible for the elaboration, adoption, and dissemination of the non-discrimination policies of the University which are accessible to our university community, including students, faculty, personnel and general public.
Students and personnel of Atlantic University College with questions to the Title IX dispositions in the university’s programs and activities may contact:
- What is “stalking”?
- What is “cyber stalking “?
- Healthy Relationships
- Sexual Assault
- CAVV Your Rights
- Roles of Gender and Violence
- Gender Equality
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Domestic Violence in the Workplace
- Alerta Mujeres
- Crimenes Ciberneticos
- El Maltrato es un Delito
- Ordenes de Protección
- Violentan tus Derechos
- Sexual Assault