The Master of Science in Programming of Interactive Technologies was created with the main purpose of supplying the demand of programmers that exist in various technological fields within our society. Within this broad field that is Interactive Technologies, students will be exposed to the creation of video games and applications for web deployment, mobile platforms and personal computers with different operating systems.
An indispensable part of each project will be team work between artists and fellow programmers, an essential piece in this emerging industry. With the knowledge gained working on these various tasks, graduates will be able to show their skills as an employee of a multinational company, an independent company or as a freelance professional.
- Expose students to new technological advancements in hardware and software used by industry professionals.
- Develop application skills in different programming languages.
- Create script-like functionality to video game engines and software development kits (SDK) as a way of helping designers and artists in their development tasks.
- Master the use of existing video game engines and platforms.
- Work with designers and artists to integrate 2D and 3D content to a video game engine or SDK.
- Apply, with the use of code, specific commands to these assets.
- Develop Artificial Intelligence (AI) state machines from scratch and implement it in current video game engines.
- Encourage innovation leadership.
- Teach students to communicate effectively among fellow programmers, artists and designers through the development of video games and applications.
- Test the functionality of code (debugging) to guarantee its effectiveness.
- Develop knowledge and skills to perform productively and efficiently inside the video game industry.
- Expose students to the development and programming of a video game as requirement for graduating.
- Create everything from prototypes to useful applications to display programming skills in different disciplines; make publishable copies of these projects to present to potential employers or clients.
- Develop new forms of interactivity for games and applications with advanced technologies.
- Develop research techniques and skills needed to integrate the student effectively in research projects.
- Comply with the policies of the Protection of Human Subjects and with the statutes of the Institutional
- Review Board (I.R.B.)
- To provide students the opportunity to develop a graduate level dissertation applying the scientific method and rigorous systematic procedures.
Develops programmers professionally with the skills needed to form part of multinational and independent companies in the industry of interactive technology programming.
Request Information Apply For Admissions
Where can you find work?
Programming for business apps. Build webtsites. Work with database. And also work with data comunication.
Below are links to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics website. Please click each link to access the occupational profile you want.
15-1131 Computer Programmers
15-1199 Computer Occupations, All Other
|Master of Science in Interactive Programming Technology
|Cost of program||$9,923.00|