The Master’s in Digital Photography is intended to develop top-of-the-line professionals in visual communication through images by using a cutting-edge program designed to strengthen the study, analysis, creativity, and social responsibility of using images as means of artistic expression and communication.
An essential part of this program’s mission is training professionals to recognize and evaluate the demands of an interdisciplinary media using photographic images where research, technology, editing, aesthetics, human quality and ethics are an integral part of the knowledge acquired.
- Strengthen the capacity of image analysis and its professional role in the visual communication field, in order to recognize the value and impact that represents in today’s society.
- Communicate assertively and effectively, according to market needs and successfully reveal the creative intentions of the artist of the current digital world.
- Prepare students with new technological innovations to be used as tools in the creative process.
- Learn and master the techniques, equipment handling, new technologies and programs related to their profession.
- Create qualified professionals that master and implement various research techniques to enhance both of their technical and artistic knowledge, in order to achieve effective visual communication.
- Prepare students to effectively combine elements of research, artistic performance and technical proficiency, in order to manage and use imagery in a assertive and impactful way.
- Prepare students in matters related to the management of their profession in harmony with the professional and social responsibility as a citizen.
- Fully develop the student talents, to generate ideas and creative concepts, in order to achieve a convincing and effective communication, where the intent and vision of the artist becomes evident.
- Master various research techniques and make them a creative proposal using the image as the main axis.
- Develop the aesthetic sense and artistic vision in photography applying a semiotic analysis of the image.
- Train professionals who value the importance of ethics in their profession, the humanist sense and the respect for the environment and its surroundings.
- Develop research techniques and skills needed to integrate the student effectively in research projects.
- Comply with the policies of the Protection of Human Subjects and the statutes of the Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Provide students the opportunity to develop a graduate-level thesis applying the scientific method and rigorous systematic procedures.
|Master’s in Digital Photography
|Cost of program||$10,313.00|