The Master’s in Graphic Arts with a major in Digital Graphic Design is aimed at developing professionals who seek to stand out successfully in the field of digital graphic design. The program trains them to use various media that enables them to specialize in effective visual communication. This specialization will enable them to set successful standards and precedents in the field of digital graphic design.
- Provide students the opportunity to develop their maximum capacity within digital graphic design according to their potential and individual characteristics.
- Develop critical and auto-critical thinking skills, with the purpose to possess solid criteria to evaluate graphic design works.
- Capacitate the student with a strong humanistic sense of love for nature, the environment and to mankind, as a transformer and creator of its own surroundings.
- Explore and analyze diverse components of graphic design as a profession in what the students graphic art works correspond to a given context determined by society.
- Develop the student’s ethical and aesthetic values, like criteria for artistic value, that in turn would facilitate an advanced position in life, and furthermore the professional development within a technological world.
- Increase systematically digital and technological skills related with graphics seen as execution tools for practical and theoretical projects.
- Establish and identify the liaison between technologies a digital media that designers possess in relation to the multiple media communication industry’s potential.
- Develop the bases to obtain critical judgment and find the solution of conceptual problems in terms of technology and graphic design.
- Evaluate the fundamental roll of a graphic designer within society as a cultural and dynamic agent.
- Convert the student into an image specialist in such way that he could interact with the image, the text, and the symbols in a creative and successful matter, trough analysis and semiotic studies.
Where can you find work?
Below are links to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics website. Please click each link to access the occupational profile you want.
27-1024 Graphic Designers
27-1011 Art Directors
|Master’s in Graphic Arts with a major in Digital Graphic Design
|Cost of program||$9,758.00|